SFTP Connection Error Received unexpected end-of-file from SFTP VESTACP

Hello everybody, right now Filezilla is showing me this back when I try to loggin with a FTP account. Everything is updated and I dont use this account since months.

I tried to loggin with admin vestacp user and I can. I am using sftp port 22 when I try to log in.

It says contected to server.
SFTP Connection Error Received unexpected end-of-file from SFTP
Disconnected from server.

What can I do? Help me please. Thanks!

Last edited:

Alejandro

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, I had this problem too on some servers. What OS are you using?
Usually can be a panel password problem. If you are changing the password and you can not log in you can try to log in by ssh and change the password using passwd command.

Hello, I had this problem too on some servers. What OS are you using?
Usually can be a panel password problem. If you are changing the password and you can not log in you can try to log in by ssh and change the password using passwd command.
Hello, thanks for your answer. I am using CentOS and VestaCP panel.

Alejandro

Administrator
Staff member
ok, I remembered now that after one update I had the same problem on one of my centos server. My solution was:

- Access to admin control panel with you administrator user and password (admin user that you receive when you intall vestacp for first time)
- Go to user section (domain/ip or port/list/user/)
- Go to the user that you wanna fix and click on edit(this was happening to me in all the users except the admin user)
- Go to "SSH Access" and change from "nologing" to "bash"
- Save settings
- Change user password
- Try to loggin using ftp (filezilla) using port 22

Try this and tell me if it works

ok, I remembered now that after one update I had the same problem on one of my centos server. My solution was:

- Access to admin control panel with you administrator user and password (admin user that you receive when you intall vestacp for first time)
- Go to user section (domain/ip or port/list/user/)
- Go to the user that you wanna fix and click on edit(this was happening to me in all the users except the admin user)
- Go to "SSH Access" and change from "nologing" to "bash"
- Save settings
- Change user password
- Try to loggin using ftp (filezilla) using port 22

Try this and tell me if it works
It works!!! Thanks sooooo much!